The Sumner County Community Health Leadership Awards are established to recognize individuals, business, and organizations that have demonstrated outstanding community leadership in improving the health and quality of life for Sumner County residents. An awards event will be held annually to recognize the award recipients.
Congratulations to our 2018 award winners:
- Lifetime Achievement: Theresa Allen
- Educator Winner: Derrick York -- Clyde Riggs Elementary
- Government: Bledsoe Creek State Park
- Individual Winners: Angela Alexander, Scott Wietecha
- Place of Worship: Highland Seventh-day Adventist Church
Nominees should be directly responsible for advancing the health of the community through their actions by:
- Mobilize individuals, resources and organizations to tackle a community health issue.
- Develop new services or support to improve the health of a specific population.
- Increase the level of awareness of an important health issue in Sumner County.
Nominees must live, work, or provide service to individuals in one or more of the communities within Sumner County.
*Individual *Government Municipality *Educator
*Business *Lifetime Achievement *Place of Worship
For questions, contact the Sumner County Health Department at 615-206-1112.An event was held on Tuesday, April 24th to honor our award winners.